Tuesday, March 9, 2010













“Still Life and Flowers” by the Italian painter Giuseppe Recco (1634-1695) 

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Three short poems by William Blake (1757-1827)

As I wandered the forest,
The green leaves among,
I heard a Wild Flower
Singing a song.

I slept in the earth
In the silent night,
I murmured my fears
And I felt delight.

In the morning I went
As rosy as morn,
To seek for new joy;
But oh! met with scorn.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

A flower was offered to me,
Such a flower as May never bore;
But I said "I've a pretty rose tree,"
And I passed the sweet flower o'er.

Then I went to my pretty rose tree,
To tend her by day and by night;
But my rose turned away with jealousy,
And her thorns were my only delight.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

The modest Rose puts forth a thorn,
The humble Sheep a threatening horn,
While the Lily white shall in Love delight,
Nor a thorn, nor a threat stain her beauty bright.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Finally this slide show continues the floral theme.




-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment